These lil' guys are a blatant rip off of the seasonal Starbuck's treat, so if that's your thing, you've come to the right place. Now you can eat them all year long. Little victories.
WHAT YOU NEED:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
heaping 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries
frosting & topping
1 cup white chocolate chips
4 ounces cream cheese
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 to 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square pan with tin foil and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together melted butter, egg, brown sugar, vanilla and orange zest. Add the flour and salt, stirring until just combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until the edges begin to slightly pull away from the pan and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the bars cool, make the frosting. Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave in 15 second increments, stirring after each burst. In a medium bowl, cream together about 3/4 of the melted white chocolate (eye-ball it), 2 cups confectioners sugar, vanilla and cream cheese until light and fluffy. This will probably take 2-3 minutes, so be patient. Add additional confectioners' sugar until desired texture and taste is reached. (I used about 2 1/4 cups.)
- Once bars are completely cool, evenly spread frosting overtop, then sprinkle with additional cranberries and drizzle remaining white chocolate. Allow frosting to set before slicing. Bars should be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Recipe via Averie Cooks