Find me a person who doesn't like cookies or pretzels. I dare you.
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup pretzels, plus additional for topping
1-2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to cream together sugars and butter until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the egg, beat again, then add the vanilla and beat until well-mixed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture slowly, beating until just combined.
- Crush the pretzels in your hands, and add them to the dough along with the chocolate chips.
- Scoop heaping tablespoon-sized (about 1/8 cup) balls onto prepared baking sheets, a few inches apart. Top each ball with one of the reserved un-crushed pretzels, pushing down gently.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until lightly golden on the edges. Cool on wire racks.
Recipe via The Sugar Hit