I swear, 80% of what I make is some kind of bar. There's a reason for that. Bars are almost always easier than cookies.
Also, I really like how my bar pan has a special lid. Sometimes, it's just the little things..
WHAT YOU NEED:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Make the brownies. In a large bowl, mix together butter, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, salt and eggs. Gently fold in flour until just combined. Pour 3/4 of mixture into prepared pan, setting 1/4 or so aside.
- Make the cheesecake. Melt butterscotch chips in the microwave, stirring ever 25 seconds until smooth. Set aside. Using a handheld or stand mixer, beat together cream cheese and egg yolk until well-combined and a little fluffy. Mix in melted chips.
- Drop alternating dollops of cheesecake mixture and leftover brownie mixture over prepared brownies. Use a knife to swirl together.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out with just a few crumbs.
Recipe from Just A Taste