This one looks like a doozy. I swear it's not. There is just a lot of "reserving" other stuff for later use, so follow the directions carefully. Also, I'm pretty confident that even if you just threw all of this stuff into the pan together, it would still come out delicious. That's the wizardry of sweetened condensed milk.
WHAT YOU NEED:
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cubed
1 egg, beaten
1 (12 oz) package chocolate chips
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
10 oz. toffee bits*
*I couldn't find these anywhere, so I used 7 Heath bars, roughly chopped.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Liberally coat a 9x13 inch with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour and brown sugar. Cut in cubed butter using a pastry blender, until it's the consistency of lumpy sand. Add in egg and stir to combine.
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups of crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture into prepared pan, pressing down into an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, combine crumb mixture with 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips.
- Remove crust from oven and drizzle sweetened condensed milk overtop. Top with 1 1/2 cups of toffee bits. Top with crumb/chocolate chip mixture, followed by remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 additional minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining toffee bits.
Adapted from Your Homebased Mom