Everything is better with bourbon. Just make this. Trust me.
WHAT YOU NEED:
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons bourbon
5-6 peaches, cut into 1/4-1/2 inch slices
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make topping. Place 4 tablespoons of butter in a 9-inch cake pan over low heat. Once melted, whisk in cinnamon and sugar until it begins to bubble. Add bourbon, stir for 15 seconds, then turn off the heat. Let the topping rest there while you prepare the cake.
- Make cake. In a large bowl, beat butter with a hand mixer (or stand mixer if you have it) on medium speed until fluffy. Cream in sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla. Turn mixer speed down to low, and add remaining dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- Arrange peaches in prepared pan over topping. Drop spoonfuls of batter overtop peaches, then carefully spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until top is golden brown and set. Let stand for five minutes (no more!), then run a knife around the outside of the cake before turning over onto a plate or cake stand.
Recipe via How Sweet It Is