Making this was a total revelation. Who knew you could have something as classy as quiche so quickly? It's so easy, I made it before work on a Tuesday, half asleep and still wearing a robe.
Also, the possibilities to adapt this baby are endless. Use any veggie/cheese combo you fancy.
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 9-inch uncooked pie crust*
8 asparagus spears, cut into one inch pieces
1 small yellow squash or zucchini, chopped
4 green onions, chopped
1 cup milk
3/4 cup feta
1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
salt and pepper, to taste
*I cheated and used Trader Joe's frozen pie crust, which is amazing. If you're a real champion, feel free to make your own.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place pie crust in a pie plate and pop it in the freezer while you prepare everything else.
- In a large pan, sauté asparagus and squash on medium heat until just slightly tender. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in both cheeses. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle sautéed vegetables and chopped green onions over prepared pie shell. Pour egg mixture overtop.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until quiche is set in the middle and is lightly golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
Recipe adapted just slightly from Two Peas & Their Pod