Even if you hate the word "moist," that's what's going on here. And it's awesome.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup orange juice
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third of the oven. Preheat to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan liberally with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and both sugars. Add pumpkin, oil and orange juice, whisking until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry, stirring carefully with a plastic spatula just until no flour streaks remain. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then cover with aluminum foil to prevent top from over-browning. Return to oven and bake for an additional 25-35 minutes, or until a cake tester (or toothpick) inserted into the center comes out clean with just a few moist crumbs. Cool in pan on a wire rack completely before slicing.
Recipe via Sally's Baking Addiction