Just when I was super excited for leather and fall breezes, Chicago gets slammed with an absurd heat wave. It's currently 89 degrees in my apartment. These babies are no-bake and basically a buckeye mixed with pretzels. And naturally, I'm a sucker for anything in bar form.
WHAT YOU NEED:
16 oz. semisweet chocolate or chocolate chips (about 2 2/3 cup)
3 cups pretzels*
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
*I used the miniature ones because that's all I could find in a pinch, but the little sticks would work best.
- Line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper, allowing the excess to hang over the sides.
- Melt half of the chocolate in the microwave, heating in 30 second bursts, carefully stirring and checking after each. Spread into an even layer in prepared pan.
- Press pretzels into chocolate, organizing in rows.
- Stir together peanut butter and melted butter into smooth. Mix in powdered sugar, then spread over pretzel layer.
- Melt remaining chocolate using the same method as before, and carefully spread over peanut butter layer.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Before slicing, allow to reach room temperature for a few minutes to avoid chocolate cracking (learn from my mistakes). Store in refrigerator or freezer.
Recipe via Brown Eyed Baker