I present you another entry into "cookies for breakfast."
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 tablespoons espresso powder or instant coffee granules
1 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and espresso powder, beating until well combined. Add the dry sifted ingredients and mix until just combined, only a few seconds. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for about two hours, or until chilled completely through.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop heaping tablespoon-sized scoops onto prepared sheet a few inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until just set on the edges. Allow to set for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe via Crunchy Creamy Sweet