Popcorn and cookies may seem like unlikely bedfellows, but somehow these work. Exceptionally well.
Feel free to use whatever popcorn floats your boat. I went with Trader Joe's microwave variety, and it was solid. I imagine kettle corn or Chicago mix would also be great.
WHAT YOU NEED:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
4 cups buttered popcorn, popped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars using an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined, another 2 minutes or so.
- Sprinkle flour and baking soda over wet ingredients (or whisk together first if you feel so compelled). Mix until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and popcorn and mix until just combined. This part may require a bit of elbow grease with your electric mixer, and some of the popcorn will be crushed, but don't worry about it.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized balls of dough onto prepared baking sheet, a few inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are just lightly golden. Let sit for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe via Eats Well With Others